Tsui-Shan Tu. Born in Taipei, Taiwan, living in Finland since 2003.
Since I moved to Finland my career has been developing in two parallel directions at the same time. I have had numerous full-time working experience in cultural and education institutes as planning officer and project manager, in which Finnish has been the working language. I also have continued my freelance writing career in cooperation with Taiwanese magazines, websites and different media.
Through my books, magazine columns, blogs, facebook pages, youtube and other social media channels, I have been introducing and promoting Finnish life style and design for 16 years. If you have any proposals on co-operation, welcome to contact me: tsuishan.tu(a)gmail.com
* My first book “Pure Finland” was awarded by Chinatimes in 2007 as one of the annual books in the category of “design and lifestyle”.
Below is the book promoting video made for my awarded book “Pure Finland”, produced by Chinatimes OpenBook Award and Leading Creatives production company. In this video I talked about my observation on Finnish design and my motivation of writing this book. Video language is Chinese.
Bookvideo made by myself, for my 3rd book in 2015. Topic: my own experience of raising up child in Finland.
* Won the First Prize of Idea Competition “My international home” organised by JCI Seinäjoki in year 2010.
* My Chinese blog was recommended by Chinatimes’ Global Chinese blogaward 2007 as one of the best in the category of “lifestyle and design”.
* Was invited to be one of the parenting blogger on leading CommonWealth Parenting blog website since 2014
PRESS TOUR OR REPORT – Sibelius and Tuusula lake artist residences– press tour, article in Chinese.
– Monthly co-operation with Taiwanese radio program News98 – love you 22 hours, as Finnish correspondent, reporting on events in Finland and Finnish culture. For example: Helsinki Book Fair, Helsinki Travel Fair (Matkamessut), More recordings are coming (in Chinese)
– Introducing Finnish design for Taipei’s school principles (2015)
TRANSLATION, INTERPRETATION FOR DELEGATION GROUP/COMPANIES
– Interpreter for UDN Media Taiwan on Finnish forest management (2014)
– Interpreter for Seinäjoen elinkeinokeskus for Chinese delegations (2008-2010)
– Translator for Finnlamelli (Finnish-Chinese) brochure (2013)
TV PROGRAM INTERVIEW ABOUT FINLAND
I have often been contacted by Taiwanese media for interviews about Finland, suggesting suitable visiting places, as well as being interviewed.
2016.3. Taiwanese TV channel TVBS: Finnish children’s reading habits and Finnish library. Place: Järvenpää library.
2014.4. UDN TV channel on Finnish forest management. Being interviewed on the topic of forest education for children.
2010.1. Education program for children (Xia Ke Hua Lu Mi) visited Seinäjoki library to interview the “best librarian” after reading my blog post about him. During the same visiting trip, Seinäjoki’s Aalto Keskus, architecture, South-Ostrobothnia handcraft centre were all shown in the Taiwanese TV program.
2009. Taiwanese travel program Travel King (Mao Xian Wang) visited Lapua and interviewed me and my family about lifestyle in Finland. A log house company’s sample house in Alajärvi was shown in the program and attracted some inquiries.
3) A Taiwanese parenting experience in Finland (in traditional Chinese published in Taiwan 2015, simplified Chinese on the way…)
(for Chinese language magazines and corporate websites) :
TOPIC1: CREATIVITE ACTIVITIES AND TRENDS IN FINLAND
Reporting on creative events, design activities such as:
Harri Koskinen / La Vie magazine, Taiwan March issue 2016
From waste to taste- an innovative, environmental friendly project in Helsinki. /Shopping Design April 2016
Children's academy in Tampere opened this year. Shopping Design March 2016
The century of the child - Design museum Helsinki. A wonderful exhibition, both informative and fun
-Finnish design feature: Timo Sarpaneva
-Finnish design feature: Finlandia Hall, Alvar Aalto
-World Design Capital Helsinki (2012)
-Asuntomessut (Shopping design magazine 2011, Radio program 2015)
-Social Design: Lasten kaupunki museum, Helsinki (2012)
-Social Design: Annantalo Lasten kirjakahvila, Helsinki (2012)
-Playful learning centre Helsinki (2014)
-Meidän festival, Järvenpää-Tuusula (2015)
-Sibelius street festival, Järvenpää (2015)
-Lentävä Lapanen knitting Cafe, Järvenpää (2015)
-Hyvää kasvaa Järvenpäässä -asukaliike, Järvenpää (2015)
-Skate park, Järvenpää (2016)
-Lähiruokarengas REKO (2016)
PARTNERS: Shopping Design magazine (2007-2016), Chinatimes -newspaper (2007)
TOPIC2: FINNISH LIFE STYLE AND CULTURE
Reporting on Finnish life style from my own experience of living in Finland such as:
- "The best librarian" in Seinäjoki city library , post originally published on my blog, which attracted a Taiwanese TV program coming to interview librarian(youtube) and South Ostrobothnia Handcraft Centre(youtube). Check the article on the interview process and youtube program preview in Chinese.
- Seinäjoki public library (The Big Issue Taiwan 2011)
- Finnish cottage dream (CASA+ magazine 2010)
- Knitting boy Ville Lahtinen from Finiland (2535 magazine 2010)
- The history of Academic Bookstore -interview of Doris Stockmann(Double river magazine 2012)
- My neighbourhood -Jamppa in Järvenpää (the Big Issue Taiwan 2012)
- Helsinki city transport (the Big Issue Taiwan 2012)
- Christmas in Finland (MOT STYLE)
In the photo collections above, some important architectures by Alvar Aalto in Seinäjoki and in Järvenpää are also presented, which are previously relatively unknown for Taiwanese and Chinese.
PARTNERS: Business Next -magazine (2008), Nordic Window -shopping website, Simple Life -website, the Big Issue, MOT TIMES, Double river magazine, Interios Design magazine, the Ink magazine, CASA+...)
TOPIC 3: PARENTING AND EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT IN FINLAND
- ARKKI -Finnish architecture education for children and young people (Business Weekly 2015). There are altogether 10 articles on Finnish education here.
- Sibelius for children, the celebration of Sibelius 150! (Business Weekly 2015)
- My own experience of raising up kids in Finland (CommonWealth Parenting 2014-2016) Until now 50 articles here.
TOPIC 4: FINNISH SOCIETY OBSERVATION
- Entrepreneurship in Finland ? My view from entrepreneurship course (CommonWealth Crossing 2015)
- Asylum seekers coming to Finland, what then? (CommonWealth Crossing 2015)
Garden City Publishing's magazines, in which I interviewed 6 designers from Helsinki:
I have been publishing articles online since 2001. My Chinese blog on Finnish life, design and creativity was established in 2004 and recommended by Chinatimes' Global Chinese blogaward 2007 in the category of "lifestyle and design".